Frequently Asked Questions
Is my animal suited for Animal Assisted Activities and Animal Assisted Therapy?
To become a therapy animal your animal must:
- Enjoy interacting with and being touched by people.
- Be confident in new environments.
- Be calm around other animals.
- Be at least one year old.
- Be up to date on vaccinations (Rabies, Bordatella, and Distemper).
To help your animal become a therapy animal you must:
- Own the animal for at least 6 months.
- Train your animal to reliably respond to basic obedience cues.