You can take the Pet Partners Handler Workshop® in person or online.
Step 1: Create an Account
If you plan taking the in-person workshop or the online workshop, you need to register with Pet Partners first on the following site: https://petpartners.org/volunteer/volunteer-center/. If you have not already created an online account with Pet Partners, you will need to do this first.
Step 2: In-Person Workshop Registration
- Log in to Pet Partners’ Volunteer Center.
- Click on “Training Center” on the right side of the screen.
- Next, click “Register” near the top of the screen.
- Then click “By Location” on the left side of the screen.
- Scroll down to Georgia and select the workshop that says “Atl Pet Partners” by clicking on the little green circle with the plus sign in the center. The workshop will now be added to your cart.
- If you would also like to register for the evaluation at the same time you may add the evaluation to your cart as well.
- When you have selected the items you need click “Checkout.”
NOTE: you do not pay for your workshop or evaluation on Pet Partners’ website.
Step 3: In-Person Workshop Payment
You pay for your workshop and evaluation on Atlanta Pet Partners’ website by using the “Pay Workshop Fee” link below and the “Pay Evaluation Fee” link on the Team Evaluation page.
In-Person Workshop - Single Attendee
The in-person Pet Partners Handler Workshop® is administered by a licensed Pet Partner Instructor on a Saturday from 9AM to 5PM. The fee is $70 which includes the instructor’s time and a workbook that you will use to study and prepare your animal ready for their evaluation. In-person workshops are held at Gwinnett County Fire Stations. We utilize various stations throughout the county. All locations have free and safe parking. Check the event details on the calendar below for the location of each workshop.
In-Person Workshop - Additional Attendee
If you would like to attend an upcoming in-person workshop with someone who is already registered to attend the workshop, the fee is $40. In this case you will share one workbook.
All workshop fees are non-refundable and payment must be received at least two weeks prior to the date of the workshop so that your workshop manual will arrive in time. We also accept payment via mail to: Atlanta Pet Partners, Inc., PO Box 451222, Atlanta, GA 31145. Workshops are limited to 30 participants and are first come first served.
You can register for the online workshop at www.petpartners.org.